Every room in the home can be enhanced with a light feature. With the new range of lamp shades at Blinds Direct, you can now select the perfect lamp shade to complement the rest of your room, creating a stylish illuminated statement.
Whether you want to coordinate your new lamp shade with a window treatment, or choose a contrasting colour and print for a more unique and charming look, our range of handmade lamp shades offers plenty of choice. The shades feature a contemporary drum shape that’s perfect for both pendants and table lamps. Read on to find out more…
How to choose the right lamp shade
A lamp shade is one of a room’s most important accessories. Much like your window treatments, sofa cushions or rug, lamp shades should bring interest and personality to the space, contributing to a welcoming and polished final look.
Your chosen lamp shade must work well with the base or pendant, as well as tying in with the rest of the decor. For table lamps, the shade should sit in a position that makes it easy to operate the switch. For ceiling lights, the lamp shade should hang at both a practical and aesthetically pleasing level. And of course, it goes without saying that you should go for lamp shades with the correct diameter for your fixture.
There are no set rules for the size and shape of your lamp shades, but it’s a good idea to try out a variety of options before making your decision. You could do this by experimenting with other shades throughout your home, or by taking a picture of your room and using a photo editing tool to test out different shades.
We recommend opting for a size that’s compatible with the rest of the space. For example, bedside tables tend to be small areas, so the lamp shade you select should be small to medium sized. Alternatively, a shade for the ceiling or a large floor lamp should be large enough to fill space and make a statement.
Your lamp shade should also fit the fixture correctly to ensure proper distance from the light bulb, but you may need to consider fitters to adjust accordingly. This prevents overheating and burning.
1. A simple grey shade is the perfect choice for this curving floor lamp, toning beautifully with the mineral tones of this space.
2. This high-shine, copper light shade make a real impact against this muted, Scandinavian-inspired space, warming up cool-toned furnishings.
3. Soft pastels work brilliantly within this mid-century modern space. This shabby-chic lamp makes a striking contrast against geometric soft furnishings.
4. A small lamp shade in soft lemon is the ideal finishing touch for a quirky wooden lamp, and tones beautifully with surrounding shades of ochre and olive.
5. White polkadots on a grey backdrop will always be a winning combination. Coordinating with other elements of grey throughout the space, this lamp shade is simple yet effective.
6. This bright yellow lamp shade pulls out a key element of the colour scheme whilst topping off a traditional white floor lamp.
Lamp shades at Blinds Direct
We’re delighted to have launched a collection of lamp shades in a selection of our most popular fabrics. Available in diameters of 20cm, 30cm and 40cm, and with an option of fixing for either pendant or table tamp, the brand new lamp shades at Blinds Direct are the perfect solution for spaces throughout your home. Here are a few of our favourite lamp shades. Simply click the images to shop.
Make the most of your space with a high quality lamp shade from Blinds Direct. Team with matching cushions, curtains or Roman blinds for a coordinated look, or mix things up with a variety of prints and colours within your room. Shop the site today or get in touch with our helpful team for more information.